Santa Claus is coming to town…So is winter and snow fall! This is when heating systems become imperative for all. Nothing’s more annoying that seeing your heating system malfunctioning when you need it the most. Homeowners approach furnace repair experts to fix common repairs. To prevent such heating repairs in St Louis, here are some common faults you need to know:
1. Lack of Maintenance: Regular maintenance is very important for heating and cooling systems. Schedule annual maintenance and inspections to prevent possible heating repairs or breakdowns. Such inspections and maintenance helps your heating systems to run with efficiency.
2. Problems from Wear & Tear: Normal wear and tear of heating systems can instigate problems such as overheating, disruption of air flow and other heat-control related problems.
3. Furnace doesn’t heat at all: If a furnace doesn’t heat at all, it is commonly due to problems with the thermostat setting, gas or power.
4. Sufficient Heat isn’t produced: The heating system might not produce enough heat if it’s of the wrong size for the space or due to a clogged filter.
5. Faulty Thermostat: A thermostat that’s malfunctioning can deteriorate the level of comfort.
6. The System is too noisy: Sounds coming from the heating system isn’t normal and it can be due to errors such as clogged burner, mechanical problems and reduction of airflow.
How to Prevent Heating Repairs?
Follow these essential tips to prevent heating repairs:
1. Change Air Filters: Air filters that aren’t clean can lead to myriad of problems. The best you could do is to either clean or replace the air filter once in a month or as per the instructions of the manufacturer. A heating repair professional can also help you in doing so.
2. Examine the Thermostat: If you find that the heating system doesn’t generate enough heat, inspect the battery in thermostat. Sometimes replacing the battery can simply resolve the issue.
3. Check the Power Supply: Furnace isn’t working? See if the circuit breaker is tripped or if there’s no power supply. Ensure the power cord is plugged in.
4. Furnace Replacement: If you need to replace your heating system, contact a heating repairs professional to install a furnace of the right size for your home or office.
5. Mechanical Problems: Unless you have the expertise, leave it to the experts who have experience dealing with heating repairs.
If none of the above troubleshooting tips seem to work, deal with a professional HVAC repair service in St. Louis as soon as possible.
The author has been working in a leading HVAC repairs firm in St. Louis for more than 3 years. He offers tips for readers in regard of preventing and fixing common heating repairs in St. Louis. Visit http://www.swissairstl.com/
Established in 1989, Swiss Air Heating & Cooling, an A+ rated BBB accredited business has been serving the St. Louis area with diligence and integrity to provide the best service possible to our clients. For more details, call us at 636-978-7800 or visit http://swissairstl.comThis author has published 1 articles so far.